Saturday, February 15, 2014

30 years

So, today I am 30. Well, technically I'm not 30 yet because as I type this it's only 7:59, and I was born at 8:36 am.  I answer my ringing phone every year at 8:36 am on the dot to my parents serenading me with a beautiful rendition (hehe) of Happy Birthday  . Let me just say, in the past 30 years, they have really perfected their Happy Birthday duet. :) If you would like your own yearly birthday ditty, you can speak to their manager (ehhem, me!), and I'm certain that she would cut you a fair deal.

hoops and yo yo

I heart Hoops and Yo-Yos


So, I've  been stuck in bed with the flu for the past two days. Wahh.  Just to give you an idea of how sick I was, I will have you know that I'm actually enjoying my first cup of coffee in two days. TWO DAYS! That's how I gauge my level of sickness, by the way. If I can still crave and sip coffee, I'm ok. If not, I crawl back under the covers and come out when conditions improve. Who's with me? On a side note, this coffee is particularly activating after having gone two days without it. I can barely keep my mits on the keyboard! Zingggg!


[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I4gZB-61Gg]


For all you Sex and the City lovers, I think of this episode whenever I get sick. There is a Sex and the City episode for every life event. Just sayin...


zing coffee


Ok, so back to the big 3-0.  I have some thoughts on my journey to 30, but my brain is still not firing at all cylinders, so I'm going to save the deep stuff for tomorrow when I will hopefully be less flu foggy. I have a beautiful day on tap, complete with a massage, a close friend's engagement party, a fancy dinner date with my love, and  depending on my energy level, perhaps some more friendship time. I'm not a big birthday person, really. It's kind of just another day to me. Don't get me wrong, I love having an excuse to use the "it's my birthday I get my way" line (sorry PJ, I may use this more often than just February 15th!).   In addition, I do love the quintessential birthday dinner that comes along with the making it to another year on this earth.


parents


On my birthday, I tend to think less about how many years I have been lucky enough to walk this planet but instead about the people who brought me here. Sure, 30 is a big one for me, but I would venture to guess it's even a bigger day for my parents. They created me, they raised me, they guided me, they were there with me through the good, and they helped me trudge through the bad and the ugly. Let me tell you, things did get a little ugly!  They gave me the support, space, and the much needed safety net to become the woman I was supposed to be.  


baby to bride


Mom and Dad, thanks for walking me down the road from baby to bride-to-be


All my love,


Sarah


Something to think about (because I love sparkles!):


sparkle

1 comment:

  1. Awe... each decade gets better and your tribute to your mom and dad got me weepy. Only hoping mini muffin feels that way in 20 years!

    ReplyDelete